Medical professionals have an obligation to monitor patients in accordance with appropriate standards of care. If you or your loved one has been injured due to a health care provider’s failure to monitor you during treatment or post-op, you may have a claim for medical negligence. At DeFrancisco & Falgiatano Personal Injury Lawyers, our skilled medical malpractice attorneys can analyze the facts of your case and help you pursue the compensation you deserve for your harm.
When medical professionals fail to properly monitor a patient, the results can be devastating or even fatal. We have handled a wide range of cases related to errors in patient monitoring. These mistakes can happen anywhere from a clinic to a hospital to a nursing home. Patient monitoring errors may include but are not limited to:
- Failure to diagnose and treat post-operative complications;
- Failure to monitor a patient’s vital signs after anesthesia;
- Failure to monitor hospital patients for infections;
- Failure to monitor a child during and after birth;
- Failure to monitor nursing home patients so that bed sores develop;
- Failure to monitor a patient on dialysis;
- Patient discharged from the hospital too early when they should have been monitored further in the facility;
- Failure to monitor how certain high-risk drugs interact with each other in a patient; or
- Failure to follow up with a patient.